• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Ammo Wallet Help Wanted

buzz4me2

Hey guys,
I've been searching high and low for a ammo wallet that will hold .338RUM shells. I can't seem to find one. The ones I have found are too small or too big, or the company is no longer in business. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?? Thanks

Hey guys,
I've been searching high and low for a ammo wallet that will hold .338RUM shells. I can't seem to find one. The ones I have found are too small or too big, or the company is no longer in business. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?? Thanks

MTM have a 22 round box RF22-LM-10 (green) or 41 (clear smoke) but no wallet.

If you're lokoing for an ammo wallet you may want to check out a local gander mountaion (or similar) and get the cheapo nylon wallets with the stretchy elastic bullet holders.

Like I said a buddy of mine uses one for a 338 EDGE and has no trouble so I would think it would also work for a 338 RUM.

Thanks everyone for the info.

The blackhawk one is what I'm looking for. The problem is I found the exact same thing at Triad Tactical and according to Steve the .308 is too small for a .338 round and the .50 cal model is too large. He sent me to Stu and Red Tac and he said he couldn't help me either. IF these guys say that it won't work then I'm pretty skeptical that it can.

Does anyone here have first hand knowledge if this .308 ammo wallet will work for the .338?

I did find another person at Snipers Hide that did some home made ones and they look really nice. He hasn't made any in some time but he sounds willing to put a couple together for me. If I could buy something off the shelf instead of bother him that may work out better.

So if anyone knows if this will work for the .338 please respond. THANKS

They work. you might only get a round in every other slot depending on how tightly they are sewn but the black hawks work. Beside if it isnt exactly what you want they have a return policy.

I use the Blackhawk holder described above for the 308. I can get all 20 rounds of 338 Edge in it, but usually only fill the bottom row with 10. They will work. 338 Lapua work in them but work better if you skip every other one and load the top and bottom to get 10 rounds in it.

Thanks everyone for the info.

The blackhawk one is what I'm looking for. The problem is I found the exact same thing at Triad Tactical and according to Steve the .308 is too small for a .338 round and the .50 cal model is too large. He sent me to Stu and Red Tac and he said he couldn't help me either. IF these guys say that it won't work then I'm pretty skeptical that it can.

Does anyone here have first hand knowledge if this .308 ammo wallet will work for the .338?

I did find another person at Snipers Hide that did some home made ones and they look really nice. He hasn't made any in some time but he sounds willing to put a couple together for me. If I could buy something off the shelf instead of bother him that may work out better.

So if anyone knows if this will work for the .338 please respond. THANKS

BUZZ,
I shoot with the guy you contacted on Snipershide, and all i can say is his stuff is top notch. When he said he was making one for the RUM I ordered two.

He always has something new, Did you see his pack for the folding ACI stock. It was really nice! If it said Blackhawk on it, he could sell it for a ton!

By the way, how did you find him?

Willys46

You can search "leather ammo wallet" on ebay. There are several companies that list them htere in a variety of zsizes.

You can email them and they have all sizes to include the largest calibers for Africa.

BH

Thanks everyone for your responses, I really appreciate them. I decided to have someone from Snipers Hide make me one. I'll let you all know how it turns out. If I like it I'll pass along his info because I think he's going to make several and try to sell them.

Willys46,
I found him by doing a general search on ammo wallets and came across his thread from 07. It showed some nice pics of the ones he made so I contacted him. He seems like a really nice guy and I look foreword to seeing how they turn out.

Thanks again everyone.