ammo choke combo

Never mind Me I found them online< it's been one of those day's when I needed a wood's break and never got it

Never mind Me I found them online< it's been one of those day's when I needed a wood's break and never got it

I can understand that. Our bow season doesn't start until Oct 15th. TSS has to be handloaded and is denser than the Hevishot in the Nitros. A #9 TSS will penetrate at 40 yds the same as a #4 lead. If you don't see some patterns on the net, pm me your number or email and I'll send you some pics.

I don't duck hunt, so I don't use any steel, but wouldn't tungsten be hard on barrels? I do more Dee hunting, and last year was my first turkey with a shotgun, but if tungsten is that much better, I would switch. Does anyone reload 3.5" with tungsten?

I don't duck hunt, so I don't use any steel, but wouldn't tungsten be hard on barrels? I do more Dee hunting, and last year was my first turkey with a shotgun, but if tungsten is that much better, I would switch. Does anyone reload 3.5" with tungsten?

I've loaded some #7.5s for my 870 12 ga 3.5". I'm hoping to try them out this Spring. Most folks shoot TSS, so they can shoot a smaller gauge. The TSS really shines in the 20 gauge. It doesn't take much to get started. Most folks roll crimp them, instead of fold crimping. I use a drill press to load mine.

N2TRKYS please shoot the 3.5" Nitros at a 10" plate. Would love to know if they will outdo the Winchesters. I tried to find Remington's Coyote load without success, however, maybe the Turkey loads are the way to go.

N2TRKYS please shoot the 3.5" Nitros at a 10" plate. Would love to know if they will outdo the Winchesters. I tried to find Remington's Coyote load without success, however, maybe the Turkey loads are the way to go.

Here's a pic of my Nitro 12ga 3.5" 4 x 5 x 7 load.

bcb69e46d677216f147dbd46a17d3c98_zpsxjfdxqdq.jpg

I have a Rem. 870 Super Mag and I use a Star Dot ported .665 constriction choke and either Federal premium or Winchester 2 oz high velocity #5 shot 3 1/2" shells and it shoots so tight that I had to put a shotgun scope on the gun for precise aiming to keep from missing a turkey out to 30 yards. I have to be really careful not to creep up on the scope so I don't get cut. The high velocity 2 oz loads shot much better than the 2 1/2 oz loads for me.

love the Hevishot waterfowl pack (mid and
extended range chokes) with Hevimetal
or Hevishot DUck

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.