Alberta moose hunt

Dskiper

Looking forward to a Alberta late season moose hunt in November. does anyone have any experience on the weather,animals seen,size of bulls,terraine etc?

Where about in Alberta are you going? I live in central Alberta and its looking like November could be a cold and snowy month. We have big bulls pretty much in every area, just a matter of being in right place right time.

I think west of red deer,alb. a few seasons back I tried up by peace river,alb. no luck w/moose,only saw one cow in the woods and couple along the road.saw whitetails in the farm fields.just gettin ready.last trip was last of october i think.thanks

West of Red Deer is pretty much big timber tracts once you get past the farmland. The moose rut was real good this fall, not sure what the moose density is where you will be hunting but there is always big bulls in most good moose areas. Which outfitter are you hunting with? Good luck this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts