Alaska Dream Hunt by Ian McMurchy

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Alaska Dream. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Ian passed away just before Christmas, 2008. Read the tributes to this giant of a man HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian:

All you've got to do is mention Alaska and hunt in the same breath and you've got my attention. As usual, another fine article although this one may have left us hanging a little.:):)

Ian's corner is something I'll be keeping an eye on in the future for more good reading.:)

Thanks,

Dick,
I have been so fortunate to experience Alaskan wilderness and some great hunts. Hope to return this Sept for another bear adventure. This next one will be different, will hopefully create a story that you will enjoy a bunch since we will probably be relying on a boomer.

Ian,

Thanks for sharing this story. I dream of traveling to Alaska on a daily basis, so I love reading about other people's experiences and hearing about the equipment they take. I look forward to hearing about the next trip.

Garrett

Garrett,
I will let you guys know how the next trip unfolds. Plan is to replicate a hunt we did last year that involved some amazing shooting. Time will tell how it works out.
Alaska is a wonderful experience, I envy the folks who live up there.

Yes sir I agree ALaska is truely a wonderful place to both hunt and fish. Lived up there for 20 years and shot 17 dall sheep in the Wrangell mountains. It is really a unbelieveable place.

Forgotten Heroes is such a treat! I never in my life thought I would ever read a story from a bullet's perspective. What a great idea. Thanks for the enjoyment.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts