Action Puller for Removing Actions During Bedding

We getting any traction on getting some of these?

Yes! I actually made a small run yesterday and am waiting on the flanged hex bolts to be delivered, then they will be listed on my website (link in my signature). Hopefully will be up by wednesday or thursday, i will be sure to let you know!

I got the prototype made up today, i decided to make a design change and make the top plate wider with two sets of holes in order to make it more modular without having to order/make another top plate if you wish to make the puller wider for larger actions. I think it turned out really great! A couple small tweaks and i will make a small production run of 8-10 pullers in the next week or so and get them up on my website (link in signature). Im not 100% set on price yet but it will easily be under $150. I made the bolt in this picture but actual production parts will come with a "hardware store" grade 8 flanged hex head screw and 8, 8-32 socket head cap screws to mount the side plates to the top plate.

Looks great !!

As a fellow inventor and holder of patents I can give you some advice that may help.

Build a prototype and try it out on a bedded rifle. Then make any improvements that "YOU" think will make it more user friendly. Build it the way You want it and look/listen to other suggestions made by members. Some you will/may like and others you may not, so evaluate each one for its merit for your project.

There are so many different opinions and It will be impossible to use all of them to end up with what you want. Everyone means well, and the way/reason they would do it this way or that way
will make it difficult to end up with what you want.

I think it is a good idea and has many good points if used right. most bedding jobs that are damaged from removal are from not pulling it straight out of the bedding with out rocking it front to back. So any method that removes it straight out is a good one.

I prefer the tightest fit possible and take extra precautions to remove the action the first time. Prep before bedding is one of the key factors for removal and your tool should save many good bedding jobs.

Nice work
J E CUSTOM

Looks great !!

As a fellow inventor and holder of patents I can give you some advice that may help.

Build a prototype and try it out on a bedded rifle. Then make any improvements that "YOU" think will make it more user friendly. Build it the way You want it and look/listen to other suggestions made by members. Some you will/may like and others you may not, so evaluate each one for its merit for your project.

There are so many different opinions and It will be impossible to use all of them to end up with what you want. Everyone means well, and the way/reason they would do it this way or that way
will make it difficult to end up with what you want.

I think it is a good idea and has many good points if used right. most bedding jobs that are damaged from removal are from not pulling it straight out of the bedding with out rocking it front to back. So any method that removes it straight out is a good one.

I prefer the tightest fit possible and take extra precautions to remove the action the first time. Prep before bedding is one of the key factors for removal and your tool should save many good bedding jobs.

Nice work
J E CUSTOM
Thanks Jerry! I have found what you have said to be very true, you can't please everyone all the time.

Action pullers are up on my website (link in signature), i only have 3 right now but i will be making some more this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1128.jpg
    IMG_1128.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 97
There is no need to pound the action out of the stock. If you have to do that you've waited too long.
Check the bedding compound with a fingernail. When the fingernail leaves only a slight indentation remove the properly lubricated action and allow the bedding to set for 24 hours.
That's it. No pounding, no problems.

There is no need to pound the action out of the stock. If you have to do that you've waited too long.
Check the bedding compound with a fingernail. When the fingernail leaves only a slight indentation remove the properly lubricated action and allow the bedding to set for 24 hours.
That's it. No pounding, no problems.

I don't think that is good advice. I think the epoxy should be fully cured before the metal is removed.

I've never beat an action out of a stock, I do thump the stock with my hand from underneath which just sets up the separation. The reason I'm looking forward to this tool is my bedding is very tight and instead of trying to hold the stock while pulling as straight as I can with my fingers this tool will just let me pull it up straight and easy with the rifle sitting in my cradle, will be nice that I can't fumble thousands of dollars of parts onto the concrete by accident. I have no plan on using this as a force tool but a straight line lift tool.

I have one concern about the tool. The description says the narrow width is 1.475". I was expecting it to be about 1.375". I think I have some stocks that are too narrow for a 1.475" width. I will measure them tomorrow.

I have one concern about the tool. The description says the narrow width is 1.475". I was expecting it to be about 1.375". I think I have some stocks that are too narrow for a 1.475" width. I will measure them tomorrow.
Hey Edd, you are right, i changed the hole locations now so that the gap is now 1.375" wide as the 1.475" was a little too wide for some stocks. All future pullers will ship with the 1.375" spacing and are adjustable in .175" increments up to 1.725" for the big cheytac sized actions.