A Question to the Brotherhood (looking for a new rifle)

"I" would go to my safe and find the rifle in there most suitable for what I was going to use the STW for and duplicate it if I liked the gun. I don't think I would go lighter than a #3 on the contour, but that is just me, get what you like it won't matter for 2-3 shots. I would use a wyatts 3.825 mag box and have the barrel throated for either 180's or 190's. I've had three of them and have a 28 Nosler now, and don't like it as well. I sold my STW's when brass became completely non available, and it left a bad taste in my mouth about brass. I now buy enough to last the barrel or don't build the gun.
Boy, you revived an old post!!
I ended up purchasing a Rem 700 SPS in 7 STW. It's basically a semi custom rifle now. It has a carbon fiber barrel, Wyatt's Mag box, and a bedded HS Precision stock. It's honestly my favorite rifle. I purchased STW brass every time I could find it, and I have about 600 virgin cases at this time, plus a lot of fired brass. I basically became a hoarder of reloading components after the lessons learned during the Obama years.

"I" would go to my safe and find the rifle in there most suitable for what I was going to use the STW for and duplicate it if I liked the gun. I don't think I would go lighter than a #3 on the contour, but that is just me, get what you like it won't matter for 2-3 shots. I would use a wyatts 3.825 mag box and have the barrel throated for either 180's or 190's. I've had three of them and have a 28 Nosler now, and don't like it as well. I sold my STW's when brass became completely non available, and it left a bad taste in my mouth about brass. I now buy enough to last the barrel or don't build the gun.
If I were starting over today I think I'd go with a 7mm-375Ruger with a 30degree shoulder simply because I like the case so much. To me, the very long neck of the 7LRM wastes too much powder capacity.

I will however keep shooting my STW's at game no matter how many other rifles in other calibers/rounds I have around. Why? I already have them and have yet to find anything that works better for their chosen roles.

If I ever shoot them all out and have to rebarrel, time for the 7mm-375Ruger.