A Little Fall Action (Great Colors)

Big Sky

SPONSOR
I haven't been around much lately. Too busy with work, life, and sneaking in a fishing trip here and there. While I have been out calling a time or two, I'm having a streak of bad luck. I'm seeing coyotes, I just haven't been able to get a bullet into any of them for various reasons. Sooner or later though, their luck will run out and mine will improve. In the mean time the Fishing God's have been pretty decent to me. So without further delay, here's some fall colors for you boys.

Fishing-wise if there is anything more fun than fishing a high mountain creek for native West Slope Cutthroat I don't know what it is. Their spawning colors are absolutely beautiful!
Troy%20Cutthroat%209-7-15H_zpsrk4qsw6b.jpg

The only thing that might supersede a West Slope Cutthroat is a larger than normal brooke trout all spawned out in it's vibrant fall colors. A friend and I really got into to some fantastic brooke trout fishing over the weekend on a small, off the grid pond, on Forest Service land. Both of us had to swear our lives to secrecy on its location, but it's worth it.
Troy%20Adams%20Highwoods%209-19-15C_zpslpemtmjy.jpg

Last night after work I had the rare occasion to not have a hundred things demanding my time and attention. So I decided it was time to slip into my favorite TOP SECRET fishing hole after work. It's one of my favorite places to fish, but due to an unusually hot summer I haven't fished it for months. It's been a little cooler the past couple weeks so I decided to give it a try. I like the place because the odds of catching a decent sized rainbow or brown trout is pretty good. It took me nearly 3 hours but I was finally able to convince one trout to bite on what I had to offer. There is a reason big trout get big, and it's not because they readily bite a hook. Anyway, sometimes one is enough if it's one like this. I only had him out of the water long enough for a photo and back into the water he went. Perhaps we will meet again someday. He might even be a little bigger the next time around. :)
Troy%209-22-15_zpsdhqzy5tz.jpg

nice fish!

started running rats last week, and got a couple hard hits. Still all strikes were misses. Gearing up right now for tiger muskies, but the water is still a little too warm.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.