7mm RM brass

I have used RP and Federal brass and find no real difference. I admit that i run mine hot...the only rifle I have exceeded the manual on. I use standard rifle primers (Fed match) and 70 grains IMR 7828 behind a 150 NBT. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED< JUST A REFERENCE. Mine is a standard bolt opened to mag with a Sako extractor, and a factory Sendero barrel on a 700 action. It shoots three shot well connected groups in the 1/4 inch range. Brass has lasted 3 loadings with no issues so far, and I FL resize each time because this gun likes that.

Besides my PPC, this is the only rifle that I have owned that shot better the harder I drove it. I love my 7 mag.

I was using Winchester brass for years on my 300 RUM & 7 RM and spent hours on end trying to prep them to my standards. My local sportsman's wharehouse had a shelf full of Norma brass and absolutely no Winchester brass, so I made the switch. I couldn't be happier & wish I had made the switch a long time ago

12 years ago I got a savage 111 in 7rm. Along with it I bought 10 boxes of Federal ammo and a 4 die set from Lee (this is the first time for me owning a 7rm). The ammo I used for barrel break in and scope set up general dirt pounding. All 200 where nicely fire formed 1563 rnds down range neck size 4 times then anneal and repeat. Once in a while I get a sticky bolt close that round after firing is marked for FL sizing. I have screwed up 8 pieces of the 200 by over annealing (lessons where learnt).
Over the years people have been giving me brass I FL size them, sort by brand, trim then sort by weight.. Then I bag and squirrel them away for a time when I may need them.

JW, another vote for Nosler brass. Very consistent, ready to load and like
Mud, I neck size since some could be a slight bit off.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts