7mm Am - Got milk?? Had milk....Had water - leaking jug

ss7mm

Went out today and did some wandering around looking at animals and also did a little shooting.

I had along some water jugs and shot them from 417 yards out to 984 yards. I set up a couple of jugs to shoot at a downhill angle at 1500 yards but when I tried to drive up to the shooting spot there was a tree across the road so they will have to wait a while. The jugs at 650 and 984 blew up great it's just that I couldn't get them on video. I'll have to try the regular video camera with a better zoom.

This is a small video of a jug springing a leak at 417 yards courtesy of the 7mm Allen Magnum. "Video of water jug"

There is a slight time delay because I was by myself and had to start the camera, turn to the gun, close the bolt, acquire the target and send one down range.

All I had with me was my digital camer and the zoom is only 10x. The jugs at longer ranges just don't show up as well as this one so I've got to work on my video skills and get them up to "BJ" standards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sure is a lot more fun than paper punching. Looked for some chucks but no luck.

It's like they say.......The worst day shooting is better than the best day working.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It does not take long for the bullet to get there. I will have to try and get my little brother's digital recorder and try to "pop a top" on some jugs at 500m.

Hey now!!

Thats BJ and Lerch video skills, didnt you hear my expert commentary on the cow kill?? I thought I sounded like a young Tom Brokaw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cant wait to get our big 7mm in, even if our true dreams dont come true it should be hell on wheels out to 2k

steve

I posted my first comment before I watched your video. **** i love to see stuff like that. You are right any day spent shooting is better than a day working!!!

Well lets see now when me and BJ start driving north we have to stop in Ft.Shaw Montana, Washington, and Canada. All you suckers I have to meet and play with are gonna cost me some serious gas money!! I would have BJ drive but you can imagine how hard it is to fit 5 30" guns, ammo, video equipment, cameras, and a 6'5" guy in a little Nissan pickup!!!

The Z71 better start gettin better gas milage!!!!

Nice video SS7MM

Steve

Lerch:

I sure could have used some expert commentator like you to do the voice for the video. The audio part is what really made your video. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Without young "Tom" narrating, mine was really lacking something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I thought about adding some comments but what with starting the camera on a tripod to my left, turning to the gun, closing the bolt, acquiring the target and getting off the shot I was a little busy. Might have to fly you in for the next shoot to supply the expert audio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You guys need to hurry up and get your big beast built and flinging bullets. You're gonna have a blast!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!!

Video kind of gives things a little different perspective. When you make the shot you set up, fire the gun and see the object explode through the scope. Time and speed don't really cross my mind when I make a shot. Watching it on video however, gives you a real sense for time, space, distance and the dynamics of what takes place during a shot. It's all fun and it's all good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You guys need to hurry up and get your big beast built and flinging bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gonna have to talk to our smith about that. He's kinda slow you know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif!!

I can't believe how fast that bullet got there!!! Absolutley amazing!!

BTW, it's Lerch's video and narrating skills and MY shooting skills that made our video great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!

I haven't forgot about your die either. I'm going to do it next week after we get this little competition out of the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts