7 MM STW

Tim Behle

I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some information on how the 7 MM Shooting Times Westerner holds up for long range shooting.

I currently shoot a 7 RM and am getting to like the round a lot. But I am looking to build a better long range rig in the next year or so, and at this point, I'm looking towards the STW.

Any thoughts? How are they are barrel life? How do they compare to so many of the other options out there?

TIA

Tim

Tim,I have an 8 pound stw with a 27" Douglas barrel that does very well.I have shot mine to 1450 yard's at target's.With the 162gr A-MAX it make's the trip very well.I have also shot at 1000 and 1100 yard gong's in a pretty stiff wind.And if watched the wind it would lay them in there....IMHO,I don't think a gun case is complete unless it has a GOOD STW in it.....

7 STW is good but I prefer 30 cal or 6.5 cal even if I shoot a 7 REM modified since yera now , bullet choice and BC is better in 6.5 and 30 .

But 7 STW with cauertico or JLK can do the job with a 32 inch barrel and machine gun ball powder .

6.5/300 Wea is a better choice for me is you a need a lazer beam trajectory or 6.5/270 WEA which is more reasonable

good shooting

DAN TEC

dear Boyd

What load you use powder / weight with your 162 AMAX .

and have you bullet burst at 7 STW velocity ?
WITH AMAX

good shooting

DAN TEC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts