6.5wsm

What is a Sherman? I am a descendant of General Sherman. My cousin is named for him.

What are the advantages of the Sherman? Longer neck for half length sizing and seating long bullets? Longer neck to act as a heat sink and reduce throat erosion? A more compact shape, steeper shoulder for a more efficient burn with short barrels? More consistent brass than the Nosler or Norma .270 WSM brass? Maybe more accurate size dies than Wilson bushing dies. Maybe a better seating die than a Wilson blank reamed with your 6.5 WSM reamer and Wilson 6.5mm VLD Seating Stem.

Tell me about your Sherman dies.

What is a Sherman? I am a descendant of General Sherman. My cousin is named for him.

What are the advantages of the Sherman? Longer neck for half length sizing and seating long bullets? Longer neck to act as a heat sink and reduce throat erosion? A more compact shape, steeper shoulder for a more efficient burn with short barrels? More consistent brass than the Nosler or Norma .270 WSM brass? Maybe more accurate size dies than Wilson bushing dies. Maybe a better seating die than a Wilson blank reamed with your 6.5 WSM reamer and Wilson 6.5mm VLD Seating Stem.

Tell me about your Sherman dies.

I don't know if I am related to the general or not, but I never mention it when I fly into atlanta:D
The Sherman is actually a greatly improved 270 or 280 case with the attributes that you listed above. It holds about 5% more than an A.I. and still maintains a .300" neck.
The Whidden dies are custom bushing type with a micrometer seater. they seem to work very well.

I know this is an old thread but I am at 64 grains of H-1000 with a 140 HVLD an amax and a 142 SMK in my 3 6.5 WSMs I could not get close to some of the loads listed without serious pressure problems. My velocities are similar but please build up before going to some of the higher loads I have seen here.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts