350 Yard Boar. Hit or Miss?

Zen Archery

I've watched this shot a 1,000 times.
Actually hurts my gut not knowing.
This is the first time I've tried to shoot standing using my Atlas bipod on the top of a mule.
Weigh in. Hit or Miss?
[ame=https://youtu.be/ZDz8fFvb0Bo]Click Here For Video[/ame]

Hard to tell. I shot one at 500 yards (in daylight) and saw what looked like a high shot impact past the pig. Looked for blood, but found none or hair , anything indicating a hit. I gave up and the rancher had the buzzards lead him to it only 30 yards from where it was when I shot. Close to 300 pound pig with a complete pass through the lungs.

Hard to tell for sure but I would call a miss after adding up all the info:
-no hit reaction of the animal at the shot
-no fur or blood found
-ranging miscalculation
-you didn't say whether you heard the bullet "whack", but I'll assume not.

Good news is that he may still be out there for anorther try!

ground strike sounds can fool you at times. I am wondering in the video if that is a ground strike right behind the hog. Running suppressed seems to help me distinguish the two sounds better. I find hogs don't always react to a hit as other animals do. Sometimes it is only a mad dash...they do tend to move slower when struck as other animals do. The only time I seem to find hair is if there is a chunk of hide attached to it. A high strike the cavity will have to fill before it leaks out unless you get some lung and it blows out when running.

stay after it :D

Hard to tell. I was hunting with a friend two years ago and saw a wounded hogs running towards the road we entered and exited on. We were finishing the morning hunt so several guys were standing under our tripod waiting for us. He took the shot as the pig crossed the road about 95 yards out saw dust like he shot over and no reaction from the pig. I was watching through bios and everyone was sure he missed so we spend the next 10 min picking on him. When we started back we saw he did hit him as it was piled up 10 yards off the trail. No blood where he shot. Looked just like h who over it. But he went right through.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.