• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

338 Lapua Magnum Ackley Improved

alcesgigas

10-22-2017SALE2.jpg
10-22-2017SALE1.jpg
RENEW5.jpg
· Rock Camo, 338 Lapua Magnum Ackley Improved (true 40* shoulder)
· 338 Lapua Magnum Ackley Improved 32" Bartlein gain-twist (1:9.5-1:8) Specifically, but not exclusively, chambered for Warner Flatline 256 GN; seating is 4.100 (on the lands) and only copper solids have been chambered and fired. Current top loads run 3240 and 3282 fps.
· Barrel contour: 1.250 for 7" then straight taper to 1.000 at muzzle
· 136 shots down new barrel (re-barreling by Short Action Customs, June 2017) Load specs and history
· New APA GEN II FAT B in black nitride
· Kick-Eze recoil pad
· 40* picatinny rail
· Atlas Bipod on forend Picatinny rail, extensions included
· Henry Remple Bipod basemount
View attachment 82795 View attachment 82796 Accu-Shot monopod on picatinny rail bottom buttstock
· two-shot chassis mount carrier
· WATERPROOF, SILTPROOF Fitted foam hard case THAT FLOATS THE APPROXIMATELY 22# INSIDE
· Redding Competition S micrometer seater and sizer die included
· Rifle weighs 18 pounds
· All above $5500 inc. shipping and insurance to your FFL. Thank you for considering.

Last edited:
View attachment 83339 View attachment 83341 View attachment 83337 · Rock Camo, 338 Lapua Magnum Ackley Improved (true 40* shoulder)
· 338 Lapua Magnum Ackley Improved 32" Bartlein gain-twist (1:9.5-1:8)
· Barrel contour: 1.250 for 7" then straight taper to 1.000 at muzzle
· 127 shots down new barrel (re-barreling by Short Action Customs, June 2017) Load specs and history
· New APA GEN II FAT B in black nitride in 3/4 x 24 thread
· Kick-Eze recoil pad
· 40* picatinny rail
· Atlas Bipod on forend Picatinny rail, extensions included
· Henry Remple Bipod basemount
View attachment 82795 View attachment 82796 Accu-Shot monopod on picatinny rail bottom buttstock
· two-shot chassis mount carrier
· Fitted foam hard case
· Redding Competition S micrometer seater and sizer die included
· Rifle weighs 18 pounds
· All above $5500 inc. shipping and insurance to your FFL. Thank you for considering.
TTT

Last edited:
The only trades I'd be interested in is the Desert Tech SRS1 in 338 Lapua, better yet, the Akley Improved version. The other is a Desert Tech HTI...

Last edited:
I have one of these nice ones from Shawn, and I hope your safety is safer than mine!! I have told Shawn about it firing when safe is put to fire position, and his reply is I can see how it might get bound up like that??? But does nothing at all about fixing it?? I won't have another one!!

i reported his post, start a post in the appropriate area if you have something to post about.

Last edited:
Just so I can clear this up a little, you guys didn't quite get the whole conversation. The issue was that when the safety was placed in the middle position (which it doesn't have ) and you pull the trigger then push the safety the rest of the way forward it can fire. This is true of a lot of safety systems, the key here is to use it like the 2 position safety it is and you will have no problems. Bottom line is when the safety is on it will not fire, when the safety is off it will fire. If you try to use it other than designed or intended that is not really on us. This is a single isolated complaint if there was a way to make it completely idiot proof I would. I posted this here not to hijack the sales thread but to support the sale of what is a fine weapon that everyone else has not had any issues with.

Just so I can clear this up a little, you guys didn't quite get the whole conversation. The issue was that when the safety was placed in the middle position (which it doesn't have ) and you pull the trigger then push the safety the rest of the way forward it can fire. This is true of a lot of safety systems, the key here is to use it like the 2 position safety it is and you will have no problems. Bottom line is when the safety is on it will not fire, when the safety is off it will fire. If you try to use it other than designed or intended that is not really on us. This is a single isolated complaint if there was a way to make it completely idiot proof I would. I posted this here not to hijack the sales thread but to support the sale of what is a fine weapon that everyone else has not had any issues with.
I have a video wherein I advise the shooters (two in this instance) that this rifle--my LRKM--does not have the Winchester Model 70 three-way and that the safety is either on or off. (We were also shooting my M70s that day too.) Bluntly put: if the lever isn't all the way to the rear the safety is not engaged. I made this video two years before this "issue" surfaced. I will attempt to attach it here if I only knew how! The safety on any rifle ought to be the very first mechanism made familiar to the owner/user of any firearm long before any loading or use is undertaken. This is good that all this came to light for that reason, but the safety on the LRKM, surely on mine, is flawless and has always worked as I came to know it before I ever introduced a loaded round to its chamber. We can never be too safe in life with any equipment; familiarity with the tools we use goes a long way striving to reach that unobtainable threshold.

"What type of trigger does Shawn run in them. Are they like a thimney or jewel?"

I have a couple of Surgeon rifles that both have Jewell's in them, both are at the 2oz area, so I have some reference and experience to offer, that said, I have shot the rifle that is listed here for sale, what ever Shawn did to develop the trigger he got it right in a big way. In my opinion the trigger in this rifle is the best that I have shot.

"What type of trigger does Shawn run in them. Are they like a thimney or jewel?"

I have a couple of Surgeon rifles that both have Jewell's in them, both are at the 2oz area, so I have some reference and experience to offer, that said, I have shot the rifle that is listed here for sale, what ever Shawn did to develop the trigger he got it right in a big way. In my opinion the trigger in this rifle is the best that I have shot.

338LMAI LRKM 02112018c.jpg
Thank you all.
I should say why I'm selling my LRKM. I chose to order the LRKM first of the three rifles I wanted to own, load for, shoot, and hunt. All three were, and are, bull-pups. The second was, and still is, the Desert Tech, and lastly (and probably unrealistically) is the DSM-1. I cannot justify (and this is for me only others do their own thing just as I do) having more than one rifle of this quality/caliber/use so the only way is one at a time. When this one goes a DT comes from Short Action Customs; same caliber, barrel weight and length. I hope to get three years shooting the DT and then I'll start "listening for possibilities" of a DSM-1. It's a win/win whether I sell or not because I'm perfectly happy keeping it and not getting another. It's that good.