30 Nosler

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
I haven't posted in a while so I thought this would be a good one. This is the first 30 Nosler I have built and I was impressed. We tried 212 ELDX and 215 Bergers. Both shot very well. The Bergers were shooting at 3030 and the 212's at 3016. I did have a 1/2 gr. more powder in the Bergers. All testing was done H1000 and CCI 250 primers.

A-3 McMillian
Trued Rem. 700 Action
Jewell tigger
Brux Barrel#5 finished at 26 inches
SSG mini extreme brake
K&G flat grey

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 396
Broz estimated the freeborn at .280" for the 212 eldx and that you had a reamer just for them. what freeborn do you recommend?

Guys, we are in deep stages of figuring what the 30 Nos likes for accuracy and performance. This will indeed include reamer throat length. We may need to do some reamer spec changes to get top performance. I would hold off on things a few days till we finish. We have test data from 3 actions, 3 barrels and two reamers. Results will be updated soon in the "Executive Order" thread on LRO.

Jeff

I will be glad to post reamer specs but I agree with Broz need to wait till we finish testing. This project has become a lot more detailed than anyone expected.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts