3 x 1 griz/brown hunt?

lazylabs

So me and a couple guys want to shoot bears but 10-15k each is outside of what we can afford. We have all hunted unguided in AK for other stuff. We have all the gear and experience to be safe in bear country. Does anyone know of a guide that would essentially go on a hunt with us to make bear shooting legal?

That kind of reads weird. I wasn't looking for a free hunting buddy. I was thinking of 10k or less for the three of us to hunt vice 30k. We happily do the work and get some professional help with area knowledge and hopefully skinning!!

Don't know what this info. is worth to you. I looked into this Brown Bear hunting when my brother was a resident. The only problem I could see you having, is that your guide has to be with in 100yds of you when you shoot one, and has to go with you to check it in. Depending on where you are, that might take a day, or two when someone else is not going to be able to hunt. But, if you could figure out a way to make it work that would be cool.

I have talked to some guides and reading between the lines.... They expect to get paid per bear harvested. They sell a ten day hunt but really end up only putting in 4/5 days average. So its not like you can pay a per day fee for their services. If you can charge 15k for 5 days of work why not just stick to that...... So until the state rules are changed prices will increase.

I have lived in Alaska for 20+ years and I don't believe you will find a guide to do that. It's all about the money to them!! Most are already booked for 1-2 years out and the state isn't going to change anything. The guides have way to much power in this state!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts