• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 260 rem bull barrel

blinderthanascope

I have a 260 rem Criterion 30in Large shank barrel I would like trade to like barrel in 260AI this is a match barrel, you can seat the 140's out

Question for you, what is your OAL with the 140's seated to the lands with the match chamber? And is this their pre-fit barrel for savage? I want to get a .260 AI barrel for my savage too and was wondering what the seating length would be with the match chamber vs the SAAMI chamber. Thanks for any info

Question for you, what is your OAL with the 140's seated to the lands with the match chamber? And is this their pre-fit barrel for savage? I want to get a .260 AI barrel for my savage too and was wondering what the seating length would be with the match chamber vs the SAAMI chamber. Thanks for any info
good question, I have not checked but I can seat the 140s just above donut area is my only concern, have not measured the oal only measure to ojive, cause oal's differ immensely with any bullet unless you point. I think pointing is going out also, I reconfigured wt on the stock because the gun would not shoot less than 1.5inches at 100yds now with the wt transfer the barrel shoots bugholes with same exact load, learned something about to much weight on front of gun, there is a big diff in match and standard at Criterion just call and they will give you specs or buy a blank and reamer or find a gunsmith that has a good rreamer ready would be the best bet, with the 260AI I get about 2 to 300 more fps with 140s

Ya, I know these vary alot with OAL, it's just that what my tool measures the ogive at and what your tool measures the ogive at are likely very different, so OAL would just give a rough estimate. With the savage magazine I can run right at 2.95".

And I also have a .260 AI on a rem action with 29" barrel, I have ran the 140's up to 3170 fps, but my best accuracy falls at 3060.

Ya, I know these vary alot with OAL, it's just that what my tool measures the ogive at and what your tool measures the ogive at are likely very different, so OAL would just give a rough estimate. With the savage magazine I can run right at 2.95".

And I also have a .260 AI on a rem action with 29" barrel, I have ran the 140's up to 3170 fps, but my best accuracy falls at 3060.
what powder are u shotin I'm going to try some re19

Why would you run any powder besides H4350 through it when it clearly burns the other powders for that cartridge?

In a standard .260 it may, I have no experience with that one, but in the A.I. version it doesn't...you won't get 3170 fps with h4350 in a 260 ai. There are several powders that are better actually, H4831 being one, but it would only reach 3020 with the 140 at max.

To answer your question, RL-26 will achieve outstanding results in a .260 ai. I have single digit e.s. and s.d., great accuracy and very high speeds.

Sorry for thread hijacking....good luck with the sale!!

In a standard .260 it may, I have no experience with that one, but in the A.I. version it doesn't...you won't get 3170 fps with h4350 in a 260 ai. There are several powders that are better actually, H4831 being one, but it would only reach 3020 with the 140 at max. WHAT'S 4350 I AINT NEVER SEEN A CAN....CHINA I BET RIGHT... IS THAT WHERE U GET THAT STUFF lol Just kiddin have a great day

To answer your question, RL-26 will achieve outstanding results in a .260 ai. I have single digit e.s. and s.d., great accuracy and very high speeds.

Sorry for thread hijacking....good luck with the sale!!
Re 26 is my next powder to try and find it's hard to find it also

I will sell this barrel it's a large shank savage 30" bull criterion barrel match chamber 1in8 twist shoots good .3 to .5 at 100 270.00 shipped or make offer

Why would you run any powder besides H4350 through it when it clearly burns the other powders for that cartridge?

nice to know th RE26 is a serious contender for the 260 AI. Mine produced a 3 shot group of .268 (with the bullet) with 45.6 of H4350 so I stopped looking for better than that!

I would like to have some H4350 but I can't find any, and I really haven't looked hard, Hybird 100v shoots sub .4 in my 260AI with any 140 gr bullet that I've tried Bergers SMks Hornies JLK and some custom bullets that I bought 1 box each of, now if you want to give me H4350 I will try it or tell me where it is Powder Valley Maybe I have no clue