• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 223 ai dies and 223 lapua brass

slowshot18

I have an itch for a 223 ai that needs to be scratched. Looking for a set of 223 ai dies. Prefer FL sizing with or without bushings, and a seater w/micro seater.
Also, if you have some 223 lapua brass laying around, I would be interested in that as well. Thanks!

Just a friendly suggestion, stay away from Lapua 223 brass, yeah it's consistent, but it's weak. The loads I use in 223 and 223 AI, will go 5-6 firings in LC, ADI, PMC 5.56, or Starline 5.56 slightly reduced for capacity, those loads will destroy Lapua primer pockets in 2 firings. Honestly, I could get more than 5-6 out of the others, but it's so cheap, I just retire it to the scrap bin.

I have an itch for a 223 ai that needs to be scratched. Looking for a set of 223 ai dies. Prefer FL sizing with or without bushings, and a seater w/micro seater.
Also, if you have some 223 lapua brass laying around, I would be interested in that as well. Thanks!
How much brass are you looking for

Just a friendly suggestion, stay away from Lapua 223 brass, yeah it's consistent, but it's weak. The loads I use in 223 and 223 AI, will go 5-6 firings in LC, ADI, PMC 5.56, or Starline 5.56 slightly reduced for capacity, those loads will destroy Lapua primer pockets in 2 firings. Honestly, I could get more than 5-6 out of the others, but it's so cheap, I just retire it to the scrap bin.
I have a few hundred starline to try as well. Do you think it's case capacity differences that trashed the lapua quickly with your load compared to others?

No, case capacity between Lapua match and the LC 14 brass I have, is .1grn h2o. The total weight of both are 93-94grns. The Lapua is just soft. Starline requires reducing the load a little, but handles it well. I think if you read a bunch about ftr, you'll see that most people came to the same conclusion, and they compete with WCC, ADI, LC, or IMI, just match prepped. ADI and IMI tend to get the best SDs, as far as milsurp brass.