22 Nosler

Not convinced, Nosler makes great stuff. But a crowded .22 market, .30 market just adding to the confusion. .26 Nosler, 6.5x55, Creedmoor (supporter), 6.5 Grendel. A2

Not convinced, Nosler makes great stuff. But a crowded .22 market, .30 market just adding to the confusion. .26 Nosler, 6.5x55, Creedmoor (supporter), 6.5 Grendel. A2

The 6.5 Grendel is an awesome little cartridge. I have been a fan since Bill A. introduced it back in 2003, and finally built one in 2015.

But what I find the most funny is that the cartridge that he mimicked was designed in 1945, and if had been introduced about 50-60 years after it was, would have been an awesome cartridge. Check out the .280 British. It's basically a 7mm version of the 6.5 Grendel, but came out almost 60 years prior. :cool:

I bought an upper from midway. I started working up some loads with CFE223 and 53g V-max. looking pretty good so far. I did not check the speed just started low and worked up. On Noslers site their max load is 33g and mine shot under and 1"with 32.5g. Still working on the loads and have several powders and bullets to try. I am curious as to what the real world speed is with this load with my 18" barrel.

Is your chamber long throated or are you close to the lands at mag length?[/QUOTE

Mine has a short throat. At mag length I am .025 off the lands with the hornady 62 hbpt. and with the Hornady 68hpbt at mag length they are in the lands. Set the OAL to 2.260 and they are .015 off the lands. My mag. is 2.310

Well shot the 22 Nosler most of the day. Tried several loads with CFE223 , Varget, H4895 and 53 V max. the best it would do is just over an 1". Going by Noslers load data and their max load the my best Velocity was a little over 3200fps. with my Stoner 18" barrel. Then I tried Hornady 62hpbt and 29.5 Varget I got my best group. the first 4 went .313 and the 5th went out to 1". me the gun or the load? I tried two more 5 shot groups and could only get 1" The velocity was right at 3000 fps. I am getting 3000fps with my 24"bull barrel 223 with 25.8g varget and the same 62hpbt,

Not sure if anyone posted this yet as I skipped one page but looks like a version of the 22dti. My brother has a .25dti that is awesome. I'm looking for a 6mm dti. Amazon performance in a 15 platform.

I have a 22 DTi which is similar but now got my hands on a Custom 22 Nosler from Dedicated Technology as well.
Weather not cooperating here but have ammo ready.
Here are a couple of pictures of it.

Just for comparison I have an 18" 223 barrel that with a 60g bullet the Velocity is 2525. The 18" barrel 22 Nosler with the 62g bullet is 3000 fps. So I have gained 475 fps . I like it. I have reloaded some brass 3 times and it does not grow. The brass should last a long time. It really needs a a 24" or longer to get the speed I really want. I guess a custom barrel is in the future. Unless you are running suppressed. They shouldn't make a 18" barrel for this cartridge. How many 18" barrel 22-250s do you see. This is like putting a 2 barrel carburetor on a 427. This is the way I see it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.