2017 LRH Shooting Class With Non-Typical Outfitters

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Class Dates
  • July 27 - 29, 2017
  • August 3 - 5, 2017

Join Len and Andy this summer in the stunning mountains of Western Wyoming. Our LRH Shooting Class with Non-Typical Outfitters is much more than just a shooting class - It's An Adventure!

lrh-shooting-school-03940.jpg

This summer we are offering two different weekend classes in July/August. Class takes place in some of the most beautiful mountains you can imagine, from an extremely comfortable canvas wall-tent camp which is accessible within about a one hour drive on forest service roads after leaving the pavement.

Make sure you are ready when that trophy animal suddenly gives you the opportunity of a lifetime. Our class focuses on preparing you to quickly and confidently set up and execute that one-shot kill no matter the terrain. Whether you hunt in the mountains or any other type of uneven terrain you will learn many, many techniques that will help make you a better, more effective hunter. And WOW is it fun!

Each of the last two years we've had reports back from participants in the class with stories of how they killed their sheep just a few short weeks after the class using specific techniques learned in camp.

CLICK HERE
to read a detailed review of the 2015 year class by class participant Mike Trenholm.

CLICK HERE to visit the Shooting Class page at Non-Typical Outfitter's website.
Class cost is $1900 ($1000 downpayment + $900)
3/4 nights accommodations
Excellent food included
3 days of instruction
Horses used for access to the higher country shooting areas
7,000 to 9,000 foot elevation
Located in the mountains of Western, Wyoming

Click here to download the signup form. Save the file to your computer, then open in WORD. Print out and mail to Non-Typical Outfitters with your $1,000 down payment check to Non-Typical Outfitters. NTO's mailing address is on the signup form.

Let Len know by email that your paperwork is in the mail.

If you have any questions please call Non-Typical Outfitters at (307) 654-0000

lrh-shooting-school-03957.jpg

shooting-classes2015-03.jpg

shooting-classes2015-05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the word is out from past participants on how beneficial and fun the classes are.

As of this morning we are nearly 50% filled.

Hey Len,
Just spoke to the folks at Non-Typical Outfitters and the check is in the mail for the August 3 - 5 shooting class.
Looking forward to learning some helpful tips and new techniques.

gun)
NRA Life Member

Re: 2016 LRH Shooting Class With Non-Typical Outfitters

If you are on the fence about attending this class....

All I can say is you will not regret heading to WY for this VERY special training.

I'm admittedly prejudiced as I have attended and reviewed this for Len, however it was the BEST rifle training I've attended in the over 40 years of law enforcement and hunting training Ive ever attended.

So good that I will be going again before the hunt my party has booked with NTO for mule deer in 2020.

And I'm a "seasoned" citizen that really does step up the training while I still can!

Don't hesitate, go to this training while you have the opportunity, never regret what you learn and apply to your future hunting experiences.

Good luck!

I have been lurking and reading for quite a while and have decided to step up my game and attend the August 10-12 shooting class. I have an upcoming elk hunt in New Mexico so I will use this class to make me a better Hunter this year. Sent the check this morning, I can't wait!!

You will learn a ton. Biggest issue for many when I went was turret being off a full rotation. Having a zero stop turret is a plus.
If you want to see how out of shape you are then go with Len/Andy early one morning to repaint targets.

I know exactly how out of shape I am. I found out last December at about 10,000 ft trying to slide an elk down hill to the truck. It was BAD!! But I'm better now.

Len & Andy,
It was great to meet you both. Jake and I had a memorable experience. I look forward to posting some pictures on the forum soon!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.