2016 LRH Shooting Class With Non-Typical Outfitters

Thanks MPM. I'm not very interested in the whitetail hunting on the east coast anymore and what little free time I have for hunting I'd like to try to get some larger mule deer and elk. Being able to target them at long ranges versus the 10 to 400 yard shots I've had here seems very interesting and challenging.

CP

Hey, guys...can't wait until next year for classes and for another great elk hunt! Counting the days.

Hey Charley!
your welcome!
I understand where you are coming from.
Most of the deer I have taken were 100 yards or closer, with really only one good buck out further than that. Most of the area where I hunt is thick cover that doesn't really afford long shots. When I went out west last summer I was completely astonished at the amount of public land, and the distances you can shoot to. Best of luck to you, if you have any questions regarding the long range school I attended last year, I'll be glad to answer them.

Mike Milbrand

Just received email from Brenda (NTO) this morning with some dates for next summer's shooting classes, can't wait to get back there and build on what I learned last summer!

mpm

The 2017 dates are the last weekend in July and first weekend in August.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday.

If you are on the fence about attending this class....

All I can say is you will not regret heading to WY for this VERY special training.

I'm admittedly prejudiced as I have attended and reviewed this for Len, however it was the BEST rifle training I've attended in the over 40 years of law enforcement and hunting training Ive ever attended.

So good that I will be going again before the hunt my party has booked with NTO for mule deer in 2020.

And I'm a "seasoned" citizen that really does step up the training while I still can!

Don't hesitate, go to this training while you have the opportunity, never regret what you learn and apply to your future hunting experiences.

Good luck!

No, only the J 27 and A 3

By the way, you should post in the 2017 thread please.

Hi Len!

Please forgive my ignorance with posts etc. I'm not very forum and blog savvy. I'm disappointed I won't be seeing you and Andy this summer. I'm still in the learning process with long range shooting, and will definitely need help with the sight-ins and dope for the elevation I can't seem to find the sheet that Andy worked up for me so I fear I may have to start over and may be picking your brain on that. Please let me know what equipment I'll need to do that, and best of luck on your back-packing and hunting endeavors this year!

mpm

I just attended the August 5th-7th shooting class with LRH & Non-Typical Outfitters.
Len and Andy are top notch instructors and stand behind their rifles. I came to the class with very little rifle experience and no long range experience. They were very patient with me, and Robb Wiley of NTO put us in hunting scenarios everyday. I did my share of missing, however I did hit targets out to 1200 plus yards. Robb's staff is excellent, I will be returning in the fall of 2017 for an elk hunt. I may also attend another shooting class next summer. We shot with the best martin strings I have ever seen. Yall should check out proline. also, I highly recommend this class for anyone who has a western style hunt in their future. Great time, Great people, beautiful scenery and I learned a lot about long range shooting, and equipment.
Mikegun)

I highly recommend this as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.