2016-17 Winter coyotes

I love seeing pics of dead coyotes! Ever since I saw a coyote killing a fawn 30 years ago it has been on! I will drop almost anything to whack a coyote that comes into range. I can see there's a bunch of other guys who feel the same way! I hope to have some pics to contribute soon. Keep em coming!

Had a good day went out this morning do drop some doggie's, only had one come in first shot i moved as i pulled the trigger, spooked his butt into a full run away from me, follow up shot in the back of the head at 110 yards not a bad day. Notice his right eye popped out like a cartoon.

Attachments

• IMG_20170325_064515013_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170325_064515013_HDR.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 112
6.5 Grendel does the job

Attachments

• IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2886.jpg
    IMG_2886.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2855.jpg
    IMG_2855.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 125
This big (for this area)40lb male came in hard and ****ed, came to under 30 yrds in less then 3 minutes from a single howl on the fox pro.

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2922.jpg
    IMG_2922.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 123
Took this pic out the door of our cabin while snow biking not a coyote but I thought a cool pic

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 109
I got out a couple times this winter. First two came in November. The first dog took about an hour to get done. Glassed him up at 657 yards at twenty minutes in to the stand. Tried a jack distress, not interested. Tried a cottontail, he lays down. Try a rodent coax, head comes up, then comes about 10 yards and hit him again with the coaxes and here he comes. Disappears in a wash and about 20 minutes later he shows up. Ended up killing him at 157 yards! Dogs can hear!

Second dog came in at the 2.5 minute mark, tail on fire. Got her on the move at 60 yards.

The next December day was my best day yet. Solo day and still managed to kill 8! Missed a couple til I started carrying the shotgun. Killed 4 with the shotgun and 4 with the rifle. Was also my first day with two doubles! Incredible day. Dogs were coming hard and I had to use the shotgun to get them to stop. Had one stand that five dogs came and another with 6 in it.

Had one more day with 6 dogs killed with 13 called in. Didn't get many pictures that day. Love calling song dogs!

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 111
IMG_0143.jpg
This is the first coyote I called in with my eight-year-old daughter. We were hunting deer for her in October when I called it in. She couldn't see it coming in the standing beans so I borrowed her gun to shoot it at 30 yds. She shot an 8 point buck last year when she was 7 and a doe this year.

took the little boys out before it was to cold. had 6 coyotes come in that day. I told them not to expect this every time as it doesn't always happen that way. But they were ecstatic to see some come in was really glad we had such a good day only took picture of one.

Attachments

• little boys hunt.JPG
    little boys hunt.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 117
into November took the older brother and let him use my model 7. had one stay out about 450 yrds skirting our set up when this one snuck down beside us and he shot it at about 30 yrds. im pretty sure I could hear my little buddy's heart beating when he seen the coyote :)

Attachments

• talons first.JPG
    talons first.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 115
couple more hunts in December couple more that made the camera roll. overall all was good year lots of dogs

Attachments

• road runner.JPG
    road runner.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 106
  • rocks.JPG
    rocks.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 106
035.jpg
105.JPG

Here are a couple Iowa coyotes including my daughters first kill. No better way to spend time in the outdoors during the winter!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.