2015 LRH Group Hunt For ELK - RIFLE & ARCHERY choices

Are there any spots left for the archery hunt? I don't have any points but very interested in joining the group.

Thanks, got the email. Had a few questions about the hunt. I emailed the outfitter and as soon as I hear back, I will forward the check and forms.

Randy

Am I right reading this? That now that I've missed the deadline to buy a point, I can only get the special draw license at $500 more? Dang deadlines!! Is there space left? Thanks. Never hunted out west and it's time to start!

Tctt

No room for rifle but there is for archery. You are correct about the draw issue.

Thanks for the quick response. I think I will wait until 2016 and do the rifle trip, and save $1k for 2 of us. That will give me an excuse to go somewhere to chase a big whitetail somewhere next fall. It's easy to talk about trips every year, and without realizing it, our seasons end and we stayed local again. Im ready for some trips!!

Hello to all going on the 2015 rifle hunt!
I hadn't seen any posts to this lately so I thought I'd jump in and say hello. I'm counting down the days to head west to WY. Since I recently moved from CO to OH I've got a bit of a drive but I know it will be well worth it. My son Tyler is flying in to Cheyenne from ND two days before the hunt so I'll pick him up there and then complete the drive.
I'm curious as to what rifles others will be bringing? I'm bringing my Win 70 280 Ackley for a lighter weight carry option and my 338 Edge Rem 700 clone if we decide to set up somewhere and wait out a bull. Tyler is bringing his Rem Sendero 300RUM. We've got all three shooting good so I know we can't go wrong with any of them.

I look forward to meeting everyone and having a great hunt!
Jay

28 Nosler with new Berger 195's

6.5 SAUM with Berger 140's, new LRR Mountain Rifle model. I killed my mule deer with it last week.

Len,
Since you took an elk on this trip last year, how many coolers does it take hold a de-boned bull elk? I got (4) 120 quart coolers since (hopefully!) I will be transporting both an elk for Tyler and myself. I've never had to transport one long distance since I lived close to where I hunted. Just quartered it up and threw it in the truck... My truck is small so 4 coolers of this size is almost going to fill the bed.

Thanks for the info on the guns. My Edge weighs 14.5# so was just concerned about packing the weight. Not a great choice for a spot and stalk rifle but I'm willing to put up with it!

Jay

By the way, it seems I sell lots of more reasonably weighted rifles after guys come home from their first western hunts where they used a 12 to 14 pound systems in the mountains for the first time. :D

Jay

Last year we fit 185 # of DEBONED meat into a single 150 quart cooler along with ice. Six point bull.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.