180+ Hunting Bullets

junior71

What your favorite 180+ bullet and load recipe for the STW? Groups still tight on this rig but I have been wanting to go heavier/longer for bc. Currently have several loads for 140s with our 8 twist. We have always like the nosler partitions but are looking at whats new and working for you guys? Would like to stretch out to 800 to 1000 yards on crop damage deer.

junior,

We offer a 177g Hammer Hunter that is designed to run in 8" twist. It has a g7-bc of .313. Our bullets are pure copper cnc lathe turned and designed specifically for hunting. We use specifically soft copper to ensure that they will perform perfectly at low or high impact velocities. Our patented Parabolic Drag Reduction (PDR) technology creates a bullet that has very minimal groove and bore contact yet give plenty of meat on the baring surface to engage the rifling. This results in lower pressure and higher vel than conventional bullets of the same weight. A side benefit of our PDR design is bullets that are exceptionally accurate and highly tolerant to seating depth. This makes the search for a "node" almost null. Load development is typically a fraction of the shots needed with other bullets. We typically have a load done, zeroed, and shot for drops in under 25 shots with good operating rifles. Often less than this if we do not make a powder change during load development.

I do not have any time with an STW and this bullet, but we would certainly help you get a start load going.

I will also remind everyone that we offer a money back guarantee. If our bullets do not shoot to your satisfaction we will buy back the box at full price. Satisfaction or your money back.

Here is a link to the 7mm 177g Hammer Hunter
https://hammerbullets.com/product/284-cal-177g-hammer-hunter-50/

Let me know if I can help. You can always call too. 406-261-0010

Steve

Berger 180 VLD or Hybrids backed by IMR 7828 SSC or 7977 in Nosler brass, with a Fed 215M primer.

If you have a 1:8 twist barrel, go for the new Berger 195 Elite Hunters.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.