175 grain Nosler LRAB?

Yep, shot some Nosler factory ammo with the 175's and was very pleased both at the range ad on 5 deer, one big hog, and one small hog.

Even at close range they mushroomed perfectly and did not shell out. At long range they expanded do about 2.5x diameter and did not break up even punching through bone.

I'm happy with them.

I tried shooting them out of mine and was not pleased at all. Groups were 2-4 inches at 100 yds. Every gun will be different. I recommend shooting a box to see if they agree with your setup.

I just used 175 speer spbt's using 7828, retumbo, and later on reloader 25 loaded to about 3000 fps out of my 28 inch. I worked up a good load right around 75.6 grains. If you can find it I would be temped to use reloader 33. around the mid 80 grain.

175's really make the 7stw shine. Good BC and the SD to take out the biggest game in the lower 48. I used and loaned mine for elk hunts and they were all one shot kills.

Good luck

I tried some at the range, my Model 70 and Ruger #1 both shot them ok. The Model 70 was about 3/4" inch at 100 yards, and the Ruger was about 1.5" at 100 yards. I did not have a chance to go out past 100 yards due to time and working with my 30-06.

The point of impact was way different from where I had the guns setup too, as the Ruger is setup for 150 gr loads and the Model 70 likes a hot 160 load. I think that they can pull some more power out of these too.

Oh, these were the Nosler Trophy LR loads. I did 3 shot groups with them, and did not shoot many to try and see if I could do better. Both guns had a really good deep cleaning bofore this.

No chance to use them in the field due to my move.

Bill

Thanks for the feedback on the factory loads.

I was wondering if anyone had any feedback for their hand loads using the 175 grain Nosler LRAB?

TIA

Like I said my most accurate powder was R-25 75.6 gr loaded to about 3000 fps using speer 175 gr. A lead core 175 is a lead core 175. You might have minor frictional changes from one bullet type to another, requiring 1/10's of a grain variations in powder. So you can look up loads from a variety of sources and get a close starting point.

Reloading books vary charge weight quit a bit with the same 175 gr weight because of barrels and testing methods. It is a rough guide not the gospel. Here is what nosler uses for their data.

7mm Shooting Times Westerner (STW) Load Data