143 gr. ELD-X for 'yotes?

I shoot a 140 gr SST out of my 260. I've shot quite a few with it. They die a good death at whatever range they catch the round. They do leave a good sized exit hole in the pelt. I'd say you could expect the same thing from a 143 gr. If they shoot good out of your gun, and you want to use them, go kill coyotes.

We're going Mon to kill dogs. I tuned in my 6.5 with 143-ELD x. Hopefully I'll let you know in a few days.

Attachments

• 6.5.jpg
    6.5.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 238
Thanks guys, I kinda figures it would leave a larger than necessary hole in the exit.

Wyowin., Let us know what you get. What rifle are you using with what barrel length?

I'll be using a Ruger Amer. Predator with a 20 inch barrel. I wish it was longer like the 24 " barrel on my 6.5 CM Ruger Precision Rifle I use for competition. A 24" barrel gets most of the velocity available from that cartridge.

The Boyd's laminated stock and Timney trigger I put on it have helped the accuracy consistency.

Eric B.

Well all we found was elk, elk, more elk and moose. Didn't call in any varmints.
After lunch we settled in and shoot rockchucks. My boy dialed in one at 925yds, with his Savage 22-250 with a Vortex scope. Took him four rounds to dial it in. That was his first long range kill.
I'm shooting a Ruger 77 Mark II with a 28" heavy barrel and a can. So far it's all factory, but the handloads.

Well all we found was elk, elk, more elk and moose. Didn't call in any varmints.
After lunch we settled in and shoot rockchucks. My boy dialed in one at 925yds, with his Savage 22-250 with a Vortex scope. Took him four rounds to dial it in. That was his first long range kill.
I'm shooting a Ruger 77 Mark II with a 28" heavy barrel and a can. So far it's all factory, but the handloads.

Hit the wrong button yesterday. The boy hit the chuck at 625, not 925

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.