1000 yard ranges in New Mexico

derrelw

Del Norte Gun Club in Rio Rancho New Mexico (Central NM just north of Albuquerque) is a private gun club with 2 - 1000 yard rifle ranges. One is a known distance range with paper target carriers and the other (My favorite) is a steel range with steel gongs from 100 yards out to 1000 yards :D

We also host a precision rifle match once a month on our "Outback range" with steel targets out to 600+ yards on a natural terrain course.

Derrel Whitney

[email protected]

I am a member at Del Norte and it is probably one of the best ranges I have been to. Great friendly people and plenty of area to shoot. If anyone around Albq or RR is interested would be glad to meet up and let you visit with me.

There's also a free range just outide of Las Cruces NM on the way to Demming. Really nice range, not a whole lot of traffic when I went thru there and you can easily drive to the target location.
Really miss that state!

Is there anything around Taos? Have a friend headed down there for a wedding and wanting to shoot.

We have a city range in T or C where we shoot to 650 yards. We also shoot on BLM at 700 , 800 ,900 , and 1000 We use another Blm location where we shoot at 1000, 1250 , 1500, 1780 , and 2074 may go longer soon .Rio Vaqueros gun club. we shoot on the first Saturday of every month.

There's also a free range just outide of Las Cruces NM on the way to Demming. Really nice range, not a whole lot of traffic when I went thru there and you can easily drive to the target location.
Really miss that state!
Butterfield range…..miss it, used to live in Cruces. They also had a bakery in cruces called Indulgence Bakery and cafe….we used to go shooting every weekend and eat there after.