😖

Almondgrower

So I'm setting up some loads I'd like to work on and I have some brass with LRP pockets and some with SRP pockets . I'm trying to decide which size primer pocket brass to use. I use Lapua brass for my 6.5 creedmoor and they use small pockets then my 17 rem brass has large .....?? im going to load up 3 ladder tests .....

15.5g NTX for shorter range purple haze ca compliant squirrel load

20g vmax

25g v max

Which size would you use , I have plenty of primers to choose from so selection is not a issue
Which primer works for you ?

I'd also like to use tougher cup primers as some of these loads have potential to reach higher pressure levels , thought's, ideas ...?
Thank you

Interesting, have never seen a .375" case with a large rifle primer.
All of my 17 Remington cases have all had small rifle primers.
Do you have pics with the 17 Rem brass with large primers?

Cheers.

Soooooo....... I just pulled some brass out . I was comparing primed vs unprimed in plastic bags .... after pulling out and measuring......ya, they are all small ! My eyes were even crossing holding them side by side primed vs not , I had to use calipers ! I guess we are all prone to a bonehead brain fart from time to time !! 😂😖 Thank you !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.