Water Well Issues

What do you consider a small casing.....????..FYI..... I had one put in up in central Wi.good water at 22' ...with 6" casing.... tested numbered and all legal documentation.... 4K$ 3 yrs.ago.
6" is as small as of any wells (windmills & house service) we have with 2 and 3" supply (dependant on gph) as the majority of those being 60-140' deep.

Almost Finished
Have to put the 10-2 Electric Wire in and then re-adjust the Starter Box for the Pump Motor and put the Fake Rock over it!
Water pressure is GREAT! Have it set just a little above 40-60 lbs and taking a shower is very enjoyable. We have an adjustable shower head wand and it will push you to the other side of the shower stall.

Yeah you might have some very upset neighbors with you if you end up messing with everyone water.
It really doesn't work the way with solid granite rock. Fracking my well that was already drilled and had the water veins is not "messing" any water from other drilled wells hundreds of yards away.

Granite - got to hit a fracture zone. Hydro fracking helps - sort of a gamble. Possibility of smelly sulphurous water due to dissolved pyrite/sulfides.

Water witching is not book geology. Some of the heavy cred geology ground water guys sneer at it. No known scientific basis for witching but it can work. For over 60 years I have not figured how witching works. I don't think I could ever find water by witching.
I feel the OP's $$ pain (no joke).

Another concern is salt water encroachment, like salt water seeping into aquifer. At risk are areas having high permeable aquifers like rounded grain sand being exposed to previous effects of weathering, adjacent to salt water that are subject to extensive draw downs. Like salt water replacing fresh water. Solutions being extensive municipal watersheds or an aqueduct.

A long time ago we lived in an area where well drilling was risky. This guy who was super big money ($zillions) moved in and his solution was to build a private desalination plant that sucked up salt water from a adjacent tidal river, many $$. Among other things he filled a swimming pool with fresh water.

I am real olde now and have city water at my house & pay an average of 65 per month including sewer use. I have a nice green lawn. Way back then I paid about $10 K to drill a 350 ft well in granite to get about 5 gpm @ 25 psi. Hydro fracking at granite fracture zones helped. Lucked out with good water having no sulphur smell.

Last edited:
I feel the OP's $$ pain (no joke).

Another concern is salt water encroachment, like salt water seeping into aquifer. At risk are areas having high permeable aquifers like rounded grain sand being exposed to previous effects of weathering, adjacent to salt water that are subject to extensive draw downs. Like salt water replacing fresh water. Solutions being extensive municipal watersheds or an aqueduct.

A long time ago we lived in an area where well drilling was risky. This guy who was super big money ($zillions) moved in and his solution was to build a private desalination plant that sucked up salt water from a adjacent tidal river, many $$. Among other things he filled a swimming pool with fresh water.

I am real olde now and have city water at my house & pay an average of 65 per month including sewer use. I have a nice green lawn. Way back then I paid about $10 K to drill a 350 ft well in granite to get about 25 gpm @ 25 psi. Hydro fracking at granite fracture zones helped. Lucked out with good water having no sulphur smell.
Our Well water has always been crystal clear and great to drink. However we do have a Whole House Water Filter (particle filter) and then a special filter in our fridge for ice and drinking. Now that we had it Fracked we have more GOOD water than we can use!

It is kinda funny guys go in panic mode when the well stops pumping. Could be pump motor gone, well has low output, frozen lines. While waitN for the Cavalry to arrive the Basic emergency measure, just go to Home Depot grab 30 of those plastic 5 gallon buckets with lids and put e'm in the truck. The fire station in town will fill em up and then Ya can flush the can, wash the dishes and still clean-up for Saturday Nite. Grab 10 cases of Spring Water ur set for a week.

Our Well water has always been crystal clear and great to drink. However we do have a Whole House Water Filter (particle filter) and then a special filter in our fridge for ice and drinking. Now that we had it Fracked we have more GOOD water than we can use!
That's a good problem, unless you're like me. I had my irrigation set up using 14gph emitters that worked perfect the last two years. This year, when my smallest zone run, it cycled my pump every 45 seconds so I had to replace 300 nozzles and flow rate filters with 20gph setups. I told my well guy his well had become too good, but it was a simple solution and just put out more water and shorten the run time.