Set and Forget Scope Recommendation

Maybe this is somewhat inappropriate as I don't use scopes. I am in my 60s, the rifle choice for my dear hunting or for that matter, anything else is in 1886 Winchester chambered in 45-70. I have a MVA tang site on it, the aperture disk on it is .70". My front site is a simple gold bead. I have dressed it down and even in dark dark woods it will pick up any ambient light. And it will glow almost, like a little pin head out there on the end of my barrel. You say last year you took 2 deer at 80 and 70 yd. Cool. I have taken deer out to 230yds with iron sites. And again like I said, maybe inappropriate. And I don't use a scope. I'm sure there are probably hundreds of scope on the market. Just don't see the need for one if all your hunting is white tail. Anyways if you don't have a scope you don't have to worry about batteries I don't have to worry about it getting knocked off. I don't have to worry about the extra weight and volume. Setting on top of my rifle, besides a scope on a liver gun. Just doesn't look right. Just my 2 cents, but that's my rifle set up. Hope you find what you're looking for and good luck.
PS Again, just my 2 cents worth also something that was taught to me at a very young age. Sometimes kiss applies. Keep it simple and at those ranges. I don't think a scope is necessary, but that's just my opinion. My father when he was teaching me how to hunt. He gave me a single shot rifle and told me I only needed one shot. And that's what he gave me one cartridge, but that was yesterday's thinking, but something to ponder.
Also, just to mention, I don't hunt with any hot rodded. 45-70 cartridges. I stick to the old ways. My velocities are between 1350 and 1400 feet per second I shoot a cast lead bullet, and it will put them down. And it makes a big hole going through.
Awesome man! My opthamologist told me when I was 35 - "The bad news is, you have the eyes of a 60 year old. Good news is, they aren't going to get any worse." So, as I approach 60 and my arms haven't grown any longer, my scopes haven't been replaced lately either. Open sights, unless combat pistol sights are pretty tough -- even a 1x red-dot or ghost ring is a help that makes shooting a workable endeavor.

I really wanted to like it - almost pulled the proverbial trigger on it. Except, I couldn't get into it even from a 5-25x PMII. No exposed turrets didn't allow for my desired uses. Don't want to sound like a salty-*** poor, but Eotech 3.5-18x really delivered the goods on their scope. No tall-target test yet, but repeatable dialing has been 100%.
The title of this thread is "Set and Forget Scope Recommendation", therefore your exposed turrets don't really come into play for this conversation...

The title of this thread is "Set and Forget Scope Recommendation", therefore your exposed turrets don't really come into play for this conversation...
You are correct, I'm sorry I overlooked the lead. With that in-mind, go with the Leica and a 200 yard zero and your .308 will be perfect for the application.