for all you Banish 30 owners

Just my opinion since I don't have a suppressor. But when galling occurs messing with it just makes it worse. On something like the Banish I'd call the manufacturer up. Unless you can machine repairs yourself.
I called them. They said heat it up. I did. No luck. I think I am going to do the CLP soak and give it another try. If that doesn't work, just keep shooting it and using CLP and eventually send it back to have it cleaned.

I called them. They said heat it up. I did. No luck. I think I am going to do the CLP soak and give it another try. If that doesn't work, just keep shooting it and using CLP and eventually send it back to have it cleaned.
Did they say to heat up the body or the end cap? I think I'd try heating the body. But your idea makes sense to me also.

I can't use a strap as it's the recesses endcap.
Yes, speaking of using one to hold the body, the body is very thin and a strap, vice etc. will pinch it. Only you know how the cap was put on and how it went on. Grease? Cap thread on easy? Over tightened?
Some grease can coke and harden in threads. Sounds like it happened before, diagnose why and prevent it! Soak with penetrant, insert the key and tap it with a small brass or plastic gunsmith hammer to shock it and then try the hex tool. Just imagine the folks that cannot disassemble theirs, have to send in to be cut open to clean.

Personally, I never had much luck with CLP. I don't believe CLP can penetrate those super fine threads that are that tight to the point it sealed itself. Break Free, Kroil, and heat from a mini cooking torch have always worked for me on fine gun screws with red or blue thread locker on them. Maybe burning off that oring will create space to help get the penetrating juice in. The can is Titanium, the oring will burn off. Just my 2cents. It's a bummer for sure.

Recent Posts