Favorite shotgun

My favorite was my first. Remington 1100 12 gauge. Benelli SBE 12 gauge is a duck buster for sure, but just does not have the memories of the 1100.
Man I'm with ya, The 1100's had some " issues " but all in all, for their price, in those days, it was a top of the line auto shotgun. Glad to see the needed improvements in the 1187 line-up. I don't think that anyone can, or will, dispute the 870 as the best **** pump shotgun on the planet. When the Beneli SBE 12ga 3.5" came out, I got one. It was worth every cent. That gun was impressive, shot everything I could feed it without ever missing a beat. It was a dream to shoot all day long too, as well as fantastic on the sporting clay course.

Last edited:
Well, has to be my Ithaca SKB Model 500 12gauge O/U, 26", Mod/IC. Bought it in `74 when I went on active duty. Kind of the first "nice" thing I ever bought coming out of grad school and into the Army. My first CO was a passionate upland hunter so we spent a TON of time in Missouri dove fields and quail cover. It was like going to heaven! That gun has been afield with me ever since, it still functions like the day I bought it and I don`t know how many doves and quail its accounted for. MANY pleasant memories of people and places are connected to it.
I don't run across too many guys that have, or have had SKB O/U shotguns. I got really lucky at a gun show when I was looking for a nice O/U in 12ga I came across this old timer that had a model 600 on his table. It was pristine, except for a two small nicks, one in the butt stock & one in the foregrip. Neither were " terrible " and he sold me the gun for 425.00 Boy was I ever happy to pay him that. lol I loved the hell out of that gun & I shot it a whole lot. I was flabbergasted when I found out how much they sell for new & how they are made & the engraver they use etc. It caught everyone's attn, everywhere I took it.

I don't run across too many guys that have, or have had SKB O/U shotguns. I got really lucky at a gun show when I was looking for a nice O/U in 12ga I came across this old timer that had a model 600 on his table. It was pristine, except for a two small nicks, one in the butt stock & one in the foregrip. Neither were " terrible " and he sold me the gun for 425.00 Boy was I ever happy to pay him that. lol I loved the hell out of that gun & I shot it a whole lot. I was flabbergasted when I found out how much they sell for new & how they are made & the engraver they use etc. It caught everyone's attn, everywhere I took it.
They are great field guns, vastly under appreciated IMHO. I also had a 20 gauge 500 that was M/F. Sold it years ago. The Japanese made fine shotguns.